On Wicked Wednesdays we will all chime in on an answer to a question. Feel free to respond in the comments!
Did you go to Malice Domestic last weekend? Thoughts?
Sherry: I loved being at Malice! Seeing so many wonderful authors and friends, meeting fans of mysteries, and of course the books!!!!!
Edith: It was a fabulous experience. I was on my first Malice panel and got to meet friends in person I had previously only known online. I particularly enjoyed meeting Catriona McPherson, who is not only a delight and the winner of this year’s Agatha for Best Historical Mystery, but also sat at my
Barb: I had a blast. I especially loved Malice-Go-Round which is like speed dating for authors. To be honest, I’d been dreading it, because I think one of the major advantages of being married a thousand years is that you shouldn’t have to
Jessie: This was my second Malice and it was even better than the first. The energy of the conference is great. There are so many interesting people to get to know and even the staff at the hotel gets into the spirit of the occasion. Everywhere you turn there are writers you admire chatting with readers you appreciate and publishing professionals that help make it all happen. It is the highlight of my writing year!
Liz: I’m so bummed I couldn’t attend this year! But I was there in spirit (and on the head of a popsicle stick, apparently) and lived vicariously through all of you. Count me in for next year!
Julie: I had a great time at Malice. Six takeaways:
- I learned a ton–sitting in on the speed dating was a great lesson in pitches and swag.
- We here at the blog all have very different skill sets, and we used them all at Malice. (Let’s call Sherry the recruiter from now on.)
- Supporting each other is a great thing.
- Sisters in Crime, and our New England chapter, totally rock. And if you are an aspiring writer, join the Guppies.
- Mystery writers are very nice people.
If you live in or near Baltimore, go to the Gift Cellar and say “hey” to Kim. She hosted a great event Sunday afternoon, and her shop is great.