by Barb, who is already in Toronto
Julie suggested a three word post for today, “In the bar.”
Four of the Wickeds, along with Wicked Accomplice Sheila Connolly, will be in Toronto this week for Bouchercon, the World Mystery conference. It’s true, you will find us in the bar, and we love seeing old friends and meeting new ones in the “white space” of a conference, when there’s no agenda and no program to pay attention to.
But you can also find us in particular places at particular times and here they are:
Wednesday, October 11, 1:00 to 6:00, Sherry, Edith and Barb will be attending the SinC into Great Writing, Alex Sokoloff’s workshop, Screenwriting Tricks for Authors, sponsored by Sisters in Crime National. (Pre-registration required.)
Thursday, October 12,
- Noon to 4:30 pm, Edith and Barb will be at the autographing free books at the Kensington Hospitality Suite in the Grand Ballroom Foyer. Sherry will make a couple of cameo appearances, though she’ll also be attending the Sisters in Crime national board meeting. We’ll be giving away glasses cases and micro fiber cleaning cloths. Come and see us.
- 2:30 to 3:30 pm, Sheila Connolly will be on the panel “Comfort Reading,” these authors keep the stakes high while their books read like a warm blanket, with Cheryl Hollon, Joe Reese, J.R. Ripley (Marie Celine), Marty Wingate and Elizabeth J. Duncan moderating, in Sheraton A, with a signing immediately after in the Book Room.
- 7:30 to 9:30 pm, we’ll be at the Opening Ceremonies, paying extra close attention to the announcement of the winners for the Macavity Awards. Edith is a nominee for Best Historical.
Friday, October 13, 8:30 to 9:30 am, Sherry Harris will be on the panel, “Write What You Know,” how like authors are their characters? with John Burley, Susan Furlong, Nick Kolakowski, Dr. L. J. M. Owen and J.T. Ellison moderating, in Sheraton B with a signing immediately after in the book room.
Saturday, October 14,
- 7:30 am, we’ll all be attending the Sisters in Crime Breakfast, (though Barb will be sneaking out early to go to her panel) in the Grand Ballroom East. (Reservations required.)
- 8:30 to 9:30 am, Barbara Ross will be on the panel, “A Recipe for Death,” cooking up culinary mystery plots, with Leslie Budewitz, Maya Corrigan, Suzanne Trauth, and Linda Wiken (aka Erika Chase), and Mo Walsh moderating in Sheraton B, and signing immediately after in the book room.
Sunday, October 15,
- 8:30 to 9:30 am, Julianne Holmes/J.A. Hennrikus will participate in “Thespian Readings,” author reads a section of their own work, then another reads it as a
character-actor, with Kimberly G. Belle, L.A. Chandlar, R.J. Koreto, Catriona McPherson and David A. Poulsen moderating in Grand West and signing immediately after in the book room.
9:30 to 10:30 am, Edith Maxwell / Maddie Day will be on the panel “Medical Mysteries,” lives are at stake with these stories, often in more ways than one, with Colin Cotterill, Alec Peche, Christine Poulson, Melissa Yi, and Wendy Walker moderating, in Sheraton C and signing immediately after in the book room.
If you’re at Bouchercon, please say hello. If not, never fear, Liz and Jessie will be holding down the fort, though they’re each having adventures of their own. (I’ll let them tell you those stories.)
Readers: Will you be at Bouchercon 2017? Have you ever been? Would you like to go?
I’ll be there! Looking forward to seeing all of you.
See you there, Elaine!
I’ll be there too! I’m going to the Guppies meet up on Thursday night (bringing my Mom). I can’t wait to attend this year! (I love getting books!) I’m brining a bigger suitcase to make sure I can bring things home. I had such fun last year and I’ve already signed up for next year in Florida. Can’t wait to see all you guys!
See you there! Be sure to introduce yourself at the Guppies meetup.
Can’t make it this year, although I’ve already registered for next year’s in St. Pete. But I’ll be sending tons of good vibes and well wishes from Pennsylvania to Edith for the Macavity Award! Go get ’em, girlfriend!
We’ll miss you, Annette.
Thanks, Annette! Yes, we’ll miss you. See you at Malice – if not before.
I was at Bouchercon last year and I’ll be there next year in St. Pete, but I had to pass on this year. Have loads of fun and take lots of pictures.
Good luck Edith!
See you in St. Pete, Liz.
Thanks, Liz/Mary! We will definitely take pix.
Have fun, you guys. I’m not there but I will be at Crimebake.
See you at the Bake!
Have never been. Would love to go, especially in Toronto, one of my favorite places. Have a ball, everyone! I’m sure Jessie and Liz will take good care of us.
Maybe the next one — Boucheron sounds like so much fun! If I had a bucket list, it would be on it!
I hope you make it one day!
Have fun and good luck, Edith.
I’ve only been to one Bouchercon – when it was in Long Beach. Had a lot of fun and I’d love to go again someday.
I’m sure you’ll make it to another, Mark.
I have never been, but would LOVE to go. I still have more to take care of at home for a while before I get to venture out. My family keeps me pretty busy. I keep thinking I need to sneak away for a few days alone… *sigh. Oh well, that’s why I read! I’ll see you guys there someday. =)
I look forward to that day, Marci!
I have never been but would love to attend some day. I heard that Bouchercon will be in Dallas in 2019. I hope to go then, since I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex.
Comments are closed.