Spring has been slow to make its appearance here in New England, but hope “springs” eternal. Which raises the question, Wickeds, what are you dying to do this summer–no matter what? Despite deadlines, day jobs, family obligations, volunteer work, and so on, what are you absolutely determined to do? Answer each of these questions briefly with your best intentions.
- What place will you definitely visit this summer?
- What event will you definitely attend this summer?
- What activity will you definitely participate in this summer?
- What book will you definitely read this summer?
- I will definitely visit Jeness Beach in Rye, NH, this summer with my chair, towel, hat, and a good book.
- I’m looking forward to attending the Women’s Writing Retreat at Pyramid Lake in the Adirondacks, a lovely never-motorized lake. It’s all genres, with workshops, lots of free quiet time for writing, and great female company. I last went 17 years ago and can’t wait to return.
- As always, I will stake, prune, and harvest tomatoes, plus eggplant, cukes, lettuce, and other veggies. Almost nothing makes me happier than going out back and picking our dinner.
- I know I will read the new books from Barb, Liz (as Cate), Sherry, and Julie (as Julia)!
- I can’t wait to fly to Old Orchard Beach, Maine for our annual retreat!
- I’m going to Writers Police Academy the first week in August. It’s my second time and it’s fabulous.
- Swimming. I love to swim.
- Other than the Wicked releases that are coming this summer I’m looking forward to reading Borrowed Time by Tracy Clark. I loved her first book Broken Places.
- I will definitely visit Old Orchard Beach, probably several times each day.
- I will attend the fireworks on the Fourth of July.
- I will invite friends and family for lazy visits lolling on the sand and relaxing on the patio with the grill sizzling away in the background.
- I will read Home Sweet Homicide by Craig Rice and Death in the Stocks by Georgette Heyer. I have been meaning to read work by each of them and was delighted to spot them recently at the Poisoned Pen in Scottsdale, AZ. If, sadly, you can’t make it to the shop they have a very comprehensive online store!
- I will definitely visit Newport, Rhode Island and Second Beach in neighboring Middletown.
- I will attend the Arts Festival in my neighborhood, which comes around twice every summer.
- I’m going to do a lot of sitting on the beach this summer…
- I’m looking forward to catching up on reading after I turn in the book due July 1, and a couple of new ones including Elizabeth Gilbert’s City of Girls.
- I will definitely visit Boothbay Harbor the week of 4th of July. The family is renting a place next to our old house.
- I will attend my niece’s wedding in Roanoke, VA the first weekend in August.
- I am going to sit out on my deck and have wine and cheese this summer.
- Kate Atkinson’s new Jackson Brodie, Big Sky, comes out June 25th and I will definitely be purchasing it just in time for our week in Boothbay.
- I will go to an amusement park. Probably Canobie Lake. I need to ride a rollercoaster.
- I will attend some sort of outdoor art event. Happily in Boston there’s a lot of that to choose from.
- I will write a book that has been rattling around in my imagination for a while. I’m at the point where I’m having dreams about the characters, so I don’t have much choice.
- Elizabeth Gilbert’s City of Girls is on my list. And the Wickeds are going to keep me busy!
Readers: How about you? What will you definitely go/see/do/read this summer?