by Barb, from Key West, where my husband and I are going out for Valentine’s dinner tonight to avoid the rush
Edith/Maddie and I are participating in a multi-author book giveaway. Keep reading for a chance to enter and win.
Not long ago I was contacted by author Kate Carlisle’s admin, Jenel, about participating in a multi-author book giveaway Kate is sponsoring. Kate regularly and very generously offers these giveaways to others. Many Wickeds have participated at various times in the past.
The theme for this giveaway is Valentine’s Day. Jenel was looking for each of us to include a book with a significant romantic event like, “first kiss,” “first time,” “engagement,” “wedding,” “honeymoon.”
I wrote back that I’d be happy to participate (because I always am) but… um… er, the romantic event that most people comment on in my series is a break-up.
Jenel wrote back that she thought that would be hilarious. She was making little pink heart-shaped candies to put on each author’s part of the entry form to indicate the part of the romance included, and she would make mine black.
So, I included Shucked Apart in the giveaway. (I’m assuming enough time has gone by this is not a spoiler for you Wickeds readers.)
I hope people find this funny and the winner enjoys the book, though I admit I’m a little nervous about it.
The authors/books included in the giveaway are
- The Book Supremacy by @katecarlislebooks – honeymoon
- Deadly Ever After by @vicki.delany – engagement party
- Murder in a Cape Cottage by @maddiedayauthor – wedding
- It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Murder by @ellenbyronmariadirico – first kiss
- One for the Books by @mckinlayjenn – wedding
- Shucked Apart by @maineclambake – breakup
- Till Death Do Us Tart by @ellie_alexander – wedding
- Bones of Holly by @carolynhaines – sexy times on the beach
- Murder of a Diva at Honeychurch Hall by @hannahdennisonbooks – they’re officially a couple
- The Loch Ness Papers by @paigebooks – wedding
- Careless Whiskers by @dieselharristhecat – engagement
- Crimes and Covers by @amandaflowerauthor – wedding
The contest runs from February 9 to 13. The winner will be announced on Valentine’s Day. One lucky winner will receive all these books. The contest is open internationally, but if the winner lives outside the US, the prize will be a $50 gift card.
Readers: What do you think? Did I make a mistake, or do you think people will be amused by including a break up story?