Five of the six Wickeds are off to Malice Domestic at the end of this month. Sherry, Julie/Julia, Edith/Maddie, Liz/Cate, and Barbara will be there. We’ll miss you, Jessie!
Readers, if you’re coming to Malice and you see any one of us, please say hi! We would love to see you in the real world.
Established in 1989, Malice Domestic is an annual fan convention that takes place each year in Maryland, just outside of Washington, D.C. Malice celebrates the Traditional Mystery, books best typified by the works of Agatha Christie. The genre is loosely defined as mysteries which contain no explicit sex, or excessive gore or violence.From the Malice Domestic Website
Where to find us
Specifically, you can find the Wickeds at the following times and places. All panel rooms are TBA.
- Friday, April 28,
- 2:00 – 2:50 p.m., Julie/Julia will be on the panel, “Cozy or Traditional – What’s the Difference?”
- 5:45-7:00 p.m., The Wickeds will be at the Sisters in Crime Reception. The reception is open to all SinC members in the Hospitality Suite at the conference. There will be a cash bar and light refreshments. We’d love to see you there!
- Saturday, April 29,
- 10:00-11:00 a.m., all 5 Wickeds: Liz/Cate, Julia/Julia, Edith/Maddie, Sherry and Barbara will be signing and giving away their latest books, at the Kensington Author Autographing session in Salon E. Books usually go quickly. Please come see us!
- 11:00 – 11:50 a.m. Edith/Maddie will be on the panel, “A Pinch of Death: Cooking Schools, Contests & Recipes.”
- 3:00 –3:50 p.m. Saturday, April 29, Barbara will be moderating the panel, “Create Your Own Cozy Mystery.”
- Sunday, April 30,
- 10:00 –10:50 a.m. Liz/Cate will be on the panel “Who’s The Best Furry Sidekick? Cats vs. Dogs.”
- 11:00 –11:50 a.m. Julie/Julia will be moderating the panel “Murder During Wartime.”
With her Sisters in Crime Executive Director hat on, Julie will be spending time at the SinC table. Julie and Edith will be at the banquet.
Hope to see you there!
Readers: Who’s coming to Malice Domestic? Who wishes they were?